1 Click the Media view. The media source devices display.
This list provides the media types for the Stored and Broadcast Media categories:
• Stored Media
• CDs—Store CD cover art, albums, artist ratings, and genres (for example, Rock or Country).
• DVD player or disc changer—Store DVD and CD (when DVD player supports CD) selections by viewing cover art, titles, info, results, media, and disc list.
• USB Driver or USB drive—Store a variety of media and access it from one of these USB-connected devices.
• MP3, WMA, AAC, or FLAC on digital audio player—Store MP3/HDD music cover art, albums, artist ratings, and genres.
• Broadcast Media
• DIRECTV—View DIRECTV channel options, including station IDs, genres, ratings, and music channels.
• Dish Network—View Dish Network channel options, including station IDs, genres, ratings, and music channels.
• Cable TV—View cable TV channel options, including station IDs, genres, ratings, and music channels.
• UHF/VHF—View UHF channel options, including station IDs, genres, ratings, and HDTV.
• AM/FM/XM and Internet radio—Scan AM, FM, Internet radio, and XM stations.
2 Select any source device to modify the media list for that device.
• Scan for new music on your network devices (configured USB-attached storage device or configured network file storage).
• Scan for a new DVD in a configured Sony disc changer.
• Search for media information using the media lookup service
• Manually customize your MP3, WMA, MP4, FLAC, or AAC-formatted albums and songs.
• Manually add, edit, or delete DVD information.
• Search for the channel lineup on cable, satellite, or off-air programming service. Manually edit channel lineup.
• Create playlists.
• Export media lists for backup purposes or import media lists.
• Export playlists for backup purposes or import playlists.
• Set up Internet radio (your dealer can do this for you).
3 To add new MP3/WMA/MP4 files to your collection, copy the files to a configured storage location on your USB-attached storage device or a configured network storage device.
4 To add a new storage device, have your Control4 Dealer add it to the Composer project and configure it for your use.
• The network address of the controller used for your MP3/WMA/MP4 files is \\<ipaddress>\media\audio where <ipaddress> is your controller’s TCP/IP address (for example, 192.168.0.100). To copy MP3/WMA/MP4 files from your PC to the controller, open that folder in Windows Explorer and copy the files to a folder in that location.
• After you copy the files, use the Media view to select the storage device, and then click Scan to add them to your media list.
• Customize, if necessary, the metadata for the newly added media.
Use intelligent agents (Agents view)
Agents are modules that let you program complex tasks by using simple, pre-built functions. For example, the Scheduler agent lets you program an action using dates and times.